Safety

Badly fitted and poorly serviced appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning. Safe registered engineers carry a Gas Safe Register ID card. Before any gas work is carried out always check the card and make sure the engineer is qualified for the work you need doing.

Only_use_a_registered_engineer_728x90-1

Protect yourself from the dangers by following these simple steps:

    • Only use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix or service your appliances
    • Get your gas appliances regularly serviced and safety checked every year
    • Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm
    • Check for warning signs such as lazy yellow flames or black marks or stains around the appliance.
    • Know the six main signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.

signs_of_coAlways ask for a Gas Safe registered engineer and always ask to see their ID card. If you suspect anyone to be working illegally report them to Gas Safe Register.  Take care, be Gas Safe.

no-call-out-charge-1